A Canticle for Leibowitz is one of the best post-apocalyptic science fiction novel written by American author Walter M. Miller Jr. and published in 1959. The story of the novel is set in Catholic monastery located in the desert of southwestern United States after a devastating nuclear war. The book presents thousands of years as the human civilization rebuilds itself from the start. The story of the novel is very interesting, the monks of Albertian Order of Leibowitz gathers the existing scientific knowledge to use for the betterment in future. You can download A Canticle For Leibowitz PDF at the end.
Review of A Canticle For Leibowitz:
The novel is built upon three short stories which Miller Published in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction which was inspired by writer’s participation in the shelling of monastery in the Battle of Monte Cassino in the times of World War II. A Canticle for Leibowitz is regarded as a classic of science fiction and is printed for the readers continuously. The story of the novel revolves around the two major themes such as Recurrence and cyclical history and Church versus state.
Features of A Canticle For Leibowitz pdf:
- A Canticle for Leibowitz is written by well known American author Walter M. Miller Jr with George Sottung as a cover artist.
- The novel is written in simple English language and was published for the first time in the United States.
- A Canticle for Leibowitz belongs to the genre of the science-fictional novel.
- The novel is published by J.B. Lippincott & Co in the United States.
- A Canticle for Leibowitz is published in Oct 1959.
- A Canticle for Leibowitz is available in both paperback and hardback form.
- The novel consists of a total of 320 pages.
- A Canticle for Leibowitz is followed by Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman.
Download A Canticle For Leibowitz PDF:
Click the button below to download A Canticle For Leibowitz PDF free and read online.