A Long Way Gone is a very popular memoir which is written by Ishmael Beah. Ishmael Beah is a well-known author from Sierra Leone. This book is loved by most of the readers from around the world because it is based on the firsthand account of Beah’s time as a young soldier in the civil war which started in the 1990s in Sierra Leone. This book is based on the story of a young soldier who ran away from his village when he was 12 years old. You can download A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier PDF at the end.
Review of A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier:
Beah runs from his village because it was attacked by rebels and he separated from his family. After that, he was forced to joined the army because of the civil war and brainwashed for using guns and drugs. Only at the age of 13, he faced cruelty and violence. UNICEF removed him from the army and sent him for rehabilitation program at the age of 16. He finds his uncle at the rehabilitation centre. With some help, the boy returns to normal life and get rid of drugs and violence. And then he returned to the United States.
Features of A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier pdf:
- The book is written by Ishmael Beah.
- The cover artist of the book includes Philip Smith, Michael Kamber, Jennifer Carrow.
- The book is published in the United States in simple English for the readers.
- The book represents the story of a young soldier and the history f Civil War.
- The Genre of the book is Memoir.
- The book is published by well-known publisher Sarah Crichton Books in the United States.
- The Book was published on 13 Feb 2007.
- The book contains a total of 240 pages.
Download A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier PDF:
Click the button below to download A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier PDF free and read online.