East of Eden is one of the best novel written by Nobel Prize winner John Steinbeck. East of Eden novel is published on Sep 1952. The novel is considered as one of the best novels by Steinbeck’s career. The story of the novel revolves around two families, the Hamiltons and the Trasks and their interwoven stories. East of Eden was originally addressed to Steinbeck’s young sons, John and Thom. The author tried to describe the Salinas Valley for the boys in detail: the colours, smells, sounds and sights. You can download East of Eden PDF at the end.
Review of East of Eden:
In this novel, the Hamilton family is based on the real-life family of Samuel Hamilton, Steinbeck’s maternal grandfather. In the story, young John Steinbeck has a minor role. According to the wife of the author, this novel is his magnum opus. According to the author, this novel contains his skills and knowledge which he has learnt in all these years of his life. The major characters of the story are Joe Valery, Ethel, Faye, Mr. Edwards, Abra Bacon, Lee, Cathy Ames, Mollie, Olive, Una, Joe, Liza, Caleb, Alice, Cyrus Trask etc. East of Eden is nominated for various awards because of its creative content and is adopted on various platforms.
Features of East of Eden pdf:
- East of Eden is written by Nobel Prize winning author and scholar John Steinbeck.
- The novel is written in simple English language and was published in the United States for the first time.
- East of Eden is published by The Viking Press.
- The novel was published on 19th Sep 1952 in the United States.
- The novel is nominated for various awards and is adopted for various platforms.
- The story of the novel revolves around two families and their lifestyle.
Download East of Eden PDF:
Click the button below to download East of Eden PDF free and read online.