Gone with the Wind is a very interesting novel written by American writer Margaret Mitchell. Gone with the Wing was published in 1936 for the first time. The story of the novel is set in Atlanta and Clayton County both in Georgia, at the time of American Civil War and Reconstruction Era. The novel presents the struggle of young Scarlett O’Hara, the spoiled daughter of a well-to-do plantation owner. The title of the poem is taken from a poem written by Ernest Dowson and the story of the novel is ahead of its time. You can download Gone with the Wind PDF at the end.
Review of Gone with the Wind:
The novel is popular with American readers and is among the list of American fictional bestseller novel from the year 1936 and 1937. According to Harris poll Gone with the Wind is the second most favourite book of American readers in the year 2014. It is the only novel which has 30 million copies printed around the globe. Mitchell got Pulitzer Prize for Fiction for Gone with the Wind in 1937. The novel was adapted for film by the same year and is regarded as one of the best movies of all time. Gone with the Wind is the only book from Mitchell which published during her lifetime.
Features of Gone with the Wind pdf:
- Gone with the Wind is written by Margaret Mitchell.
- The novel is written in English language and was published in the United States for the First time.
- Gone with the Wind comes under the genre of Historical Fiction.
- It was published by Macmillan Publishers on date 30 June 1936.
- Gone with the Wind is followed by Scarlett Rhett Butler’s People.
- Gone with the Wind is the second most read after Bible in the United States.
Download Gone with the Wind PDF:
Click the button below to download Gone with the Wind PDF free and read online.