Grendel is a very famous novel written by American writer John Gardner in the year 1971. Grendel is basically a retelling of par of English old poem Beowulf from antagonist perspective, Grendel. The story of the novel revolves around Grendel where he is portrayed as an antihero. The novel revolves around in search of the meaning of the world, nature of good vs evil and the power of literature and myth. You can download Grendel PDF at the end.
Review of Grendel:
In an interview in 1973, Gardner said: “In the novel, I tried to present the main ideas of Western civilization_ which according to me is to be about….. Twelve?_ and explores them in the voice of the monster, with an already presented story, with different philosophical attitudes, and to check out if I can break it out. Grendel is one of the most important and best-reviewed work of Gardner. Ten years after the publication of Grendel it was adapted into a film by the name of Grendel Grendel Grendel in the year1981. The following are some of the major characters of the novel: Hygmod, Freawaru, Hrothulf, Wealtheow, Unferth, The Shaper’s assistant, The Shaper, Hrothgar, Beowulf, Grendel’s mother and Grendel.
Features of Grendel pdf:
- Grendel is written by American author John Gardner with Emil Antonucci as a cover artist.
- The novel is written in English language and was published in the USA.
- Grendel comes under the Genre of Postmodern literature, Fantasy novel and European mythology.
- Grendel is published by Gollancz in the united kingdom and by Alfred A. Knopf in the USA.
- Grendel is published in 1971.
- Grendel contains 174 pages in Hardback edition the USA and 144 pages in the paperback edition published in the United Kingdom.
- Grendel is adapted for film in the year 1981.
Download Grendel PDF:
Click the button below to download Grendel PDF free and read online.