I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is an autobiography which represents the early stages of the life of famous American author and poet Maya Angelou. It was published in the year 1969 by Random House. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is the first from the series of total seven and examines how the strength of a character and love of literature can help to fight against trauma and racism. You can download I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings PDF at the end.
Review of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings:
The story of the book starts from a three-year-old Maya and his brother who are sent to Stamps, Arkansas in order to live with their grandmother and Ends when unfortunately Maya gets pregnant at the age of only 16. The novel was nominated for National Book Award in the year 1970 and for two years it remained on the list of the best seller novel in The New York Times. This is frequently read in schools and universities and considered as an important novel in American literature. Because of the book’s graphic depiction of racism, sexuality and childhood rape caused it to be frequently challenged and banned in various schools and colleges in the United States.
Features of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings pdf:
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is an autobiography written by well-known poet and author May Angelou.
- The book was published by Random House in the year 1969.
- The book represents the early life of Maya and the problems and situations which she faced during her early childhood.
- The book contains elements of racism, childhood rape, innocence and struggle for life.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is considered as one of the best novels of American Literature.
Download I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings PDF:
Click the button below to download I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings PDF free and read online.