Middlesex is a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel written by famous American author Jeffrey Eugenides. Middlesex was published in the year of 2002. The novel is a best-seller, with over four million copies sold after its publication. Most of the characters and events of the novel are loosely related to various aspects of Eugenides life and his observations of Greek heritage. The novel is not an autobiography, unlike the protagonist, Eugenides is not intersex. The writer decided to write the novel after reading the 1980 memoir Herculine Barbin and he did not like the discussion of intersex anatomy and emotions so he decided to write this novel. You can download Middlesex PDF at the end.
Review of Middlesex:
According to The New York Times Book Review, Los Angeles Times and Entertainment Weekly Middlesex is one of the best book of the year 2002, and some scholars also think that the novel should be awarded Great American Novel. The major themes of the novel are: Incest and intersex, Gender Identity and intersex status, Nature Vs nurture, Greek mythical allusions, Ethnic identity, Race relations, American dream and rebirth. The novel is nominated for various awards and is loved by the readers from around the world.
Features of Middlesex pdf:
- Middlesex is written by well known American author Jeffrey Eugenides.
- Middlesex is written in simple English language and is published in the United States.
- Middlesex belongs to the Genre of Family Saga.
- Middlesex is published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
- Middlesex is published on 4 Sep 2002.
- Middlesex is available in Hardback and Paperback format.
- Middlesex contains a total of 544 pages.
- Middlesex is nominated for various awards and is loved by the readers, experts and scholars from around the world because of its creative content and amazing themes.
Download Middlesex PDF:
Click the button below to download Middlesex PDF free and read online.