My Antonia is a very famous novel written by American author Willa Cather in 1918. My Antonia is considered as one of the best novels from Cather. My Antonia is the final novel of series “Prairie Trilogy” and is preceded by The Song of the Lark and O Pioneers. You can download My Antonia PDF at the end.
Review of My Antonia:
My Antonia represents the story of an orphaned boy living in Virginia by the name of Jim Burden and elder daughter from a family in Bohemian immigrants, Antonia Shimerda, in Nebraska, they are brought as children to be pioneers at the time of 19th century. The pioneers break the prairie sod for farming and the novel represents the fertile lands of America. The first year after the publication of this novel it left a strong impression in both the children and affect them for their whole life. My Antonia is considered as the first masterpiece from Willa Cather. The author was praised for bringing the American West to real life and making the novel personally interesting. The major characters of the novel are Mrs Harling, Gaston Cleric, Tiny Soderball, Lena Lingard, Anton Cuzak, Ambrosch, Marek and Yulka Shimerda, Mr and Mrs Shimerda, Peter Krajiek and Jake Marpole.
Features of My Antonia pdf:
- My Antonia is written by the famous English author Willa Cather.
- The novel is written in English language and was published in the United States.
- The novel comes under the Genre of Historical fiction.
- My Antonia was published by Houghton Mifflin.
- My Antonia was published in the year 1918.
- The novel consists of a total of 175 pages.
- My Antonia is preceded by The Song of the Lark.
- The novel is considered as one of the best novels from Cather ever written.
Download My Antonia PDF:
Click the button below to download My Antonia PDF free and read online.