Parable of the Sower is one of the best science fiction novel written by well known American author Octavia E. Butler in the year 1993. The novel is the first in the series of the two books. The novel presents the story of 2020 where the world is destroyed by corporate greed, growing wealth inequality and climate change. You can download Parable of the Sower PDF at the end.
Review of Parable of the Sower:
The novel revolves around a young women Lauren Oya Olamina who possesses what Butler dubbed hyper empathy or sharing, which is the ability to feel pain and other sensations which she witnesses. As a teenager living in Los Angeles, she contains her own belief system, which she calls Earthseed. When the security of the community is compromised her home was destroyed resulting in her family’s death and then she with some other survivors travel to the north. Outside the community, most of the people died because of hunger and mixed-race relationships. Lauren thinks that the only way humans can survive is to go beyond the limits of earth and live on other planets.
Features of Parable of the Sower pdf:
- The novel is written by famous author Octavia E. Butler.
- The novel was written in simple English language and was published in the United States.
- The novel comes under the series of Parable duology.
- The novel comes under the Genre of Dystopian and science fiction.
- The novel was published by well known English publisher Four Walls Eight Windows in the United States.
- The novel was published in the year 1993 in the United States.
- Parable of the Sower is followed by Parable of the Talents.
- The novel is loved by readers from around the world and won various awards.
Download Parable of the Sower PDF:
Click the button below to download Parable of the Sower PDF free and read online.