Purple Hibiscus is a very famous novel. Purple Hibiscus was written by well known Nigerian writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Purple Hibiscus was first published in the year 2003 by Algonquin Books. The novel was set in postcolonial Nigeria, a country where there is economic and political instability. The major character of the novel is Kambilit Achike, a young 15 years old girl. You can download Purple Hibiscus PDF at the end.
Review of Purple Hibiscus:
Kambili Achike was from a wealthy family but she was dominated by her devoutly Catholic father known by the name of Eugene. Eugene was both religious zealot and violent in Achike household, towards his wife and her brother to beatings and psychological cruelty. The story of the novel is from the perspective of Kambili’s eyes in which she presents the disintegration of her family unit along with her struggle in the way of maturity. The main focus of the novel is the time which Kambili and her brother spent in the house of their father’s sister, Ifeoma and with her three children.
Features of Purple Hibiscus pdf:
- The novel was written by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- The novel was written in the English language and was published in Nigeria.
- The novel was published by Algonquin Books Kachifo Limited in-country Nigeria.
- The novel was published in October 2003.
- Purple Hibiscus was followed by Hof of a Yellow Sun.
- The story of the novel revolves around a young girl and her cruel father.
- The novel comes under the Genre of Tragedy.
- The novel is loved by readers from all around the world and has been nominated for various awards.
- The novel represents the struggle of a young girl and the struggle which she faces in her young age because of his father.
Download Purple Hibiscus PDF:
Click the button below to download Purple Hibiscus PDF free and read online.
Leave a Comment