The Aeneid is a very popular Latin poem. The poem was written by Virgil between 19 and 29 BC. The poem represents the story of legend Aeneas who was a Trojan and travelled to Italy and then he became the ancestor of Romans. The poem consists of 9896 lines in dactylic hexameter. First six books of the poem describe the wanderings of Aeneas from Troy to Italy and the last 6 books represent the war of Trojans wars against Latins in which the Trojans got a tremendous victory. You can download The Aeneid PDF at the end.
Review of The Aeneid:
Aeneas was well known to Greco-Roman legend and myth, having a character in the Iliad. The Aeneid novel is loved by the readers from around the world because it represents the story of a great hero who set the foundations of the great roman empire. His journeys from Troy to Italy and then his adventures and strategies which laid the foundations of an empire which will be remembered for centuries. The novel is loved by the readers from around the world and was nominated for various awards.
Features of The Aeneid pdf:
- The original title of the poem is AENEIS.
- The poem was translated by Sarah Ruden, Frederick Ahl, Robert Fagles, Robert Fitzgerald, Allen Mandelbaum, Seamus Heaney, Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey, Gavin Douglas and John Dryden.
- The novel was written between 29-19 BC.
- The poem was written in Classical Latin for the Roman Republic.
- The subject of the poem is the Founding of Rome, the Trojan War and Epic Cycle.
- The novel comes under the Genre of Epic poem.
- The novel was published in 19 BC.
- The novel was published in the English language in the year 1697.
- The novel consists of a total of 9,896 lines.
Download The Aeneid PDF:
Click the button below to download The Aeneid PDF free and read online.
Leave a Comment