The Autobiography of Malcolm X is an autobiography written by journalist Alex Haley and human rights activist Malcolm X and was published in the year 1965. The autobiography is based on various in-depth interviews conducted by Haley between year 1963 and Malcolm X’s assassination in 1965. This is a spiritual conversion narrative which outlines Malcolm X’s philosophy of Pan-Africanism, Black nationalism and Black pride. After the death of the leader, Haley wrote a book by the name of epilogue. You can download The Autobiography of Malcolm X PDF at the end.
Review of The Autobiography of Malcolm X:
After the publication of the Autobiography, The New York Times reviewer states it as an important, painful and brilliant work from both of the writers. John William in 1967 states it as one of the best classic American autobiographies. Time in the year 1998 selected The Autobiography as one of the ten. “required reading.” Nonfiction books of all times. Arnold Perl and James Baldwin adapted The Autobiography of Malcolm X for film and its screenplay gives the source material for Spike Lee’s 1992 film by the name of Malcolm X. Along with spiritual conversion narrative the book also reflects various generic elements from American literary forms.
Features of The Autobiography of Malcolm X PDF:
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X is written by journalist Alex Haley and Human Rights activist Malcolm X.
- The autobiography is written in English language and is published in the United States.
- The Autobiography is published on date 29 Oct 1965.
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X contains elements of spiritual conversion of black pride, black nationalism and Pan-Africanism.
- The Autobiography is very famous among readers and is nominated for various awards.
- It was adapted for film in the year 1992 directed by well known English directors Arnold Perl and James.
Download The Autobiography of Malcolm X PDF:
Click the button below to download The Autobiography of Malcolm X PDF free and read online.