The Bluest Eye is the first novel from writer Toni Morrison and was published in the year 1970. Morrison was an African-American author and he won Nobel Prize and Pulitzer Prize. Morrison is loved by the readers for his work on the harsh consequences of racism against black people living in the United States. The story of the novel takes place in Lorain, Ohio and revolves around the story of an African-American lady by the name of Pecola who grow up in the times of the Great Depression. You can download The Bluest Eye PDF at the end.
Review of The Bluest Eye:
Based on 1941 Pecola because of her mannerisms and black colour she was regarded as “ugly”. Because of these things, she develops an inferiority complex and she desired for blue eyes because she considers it a sign of “whiteness”. The point of view of the author moves from one perspective to another of Claudia MacTeer who was the daughter of Pecola’s foster parents, at various stages of her life. Along with this, the novel contains third person narrative which adds inset narratives in the first person of the novel. Because of child molestation, incest and racism the novel is banned in various schools and libraries in the United States.
Features of The Bluest Eye pdf:
- The Bluest Eye is written by Toni Morrison.
- The novel is written in English language and was published in the United States.
- The Bluest Eye comes under the Genre of African-American literature.
- The novel was published by Holt Rinehart and Winston.
- The Bluest Eye was published in the year 1970.
- The novel consists of a total of 224 pages revolving around the story of a young black girl.
- The Bluest Eye is followed by Sula.
- The novel is loved by the readers because of its fight against racism.
Download The Bluest Eye PDF:
Click the button below to download The Bluest Eye PDF free and read online.