The Glass Menagerie is one of the best memory play from Tennessee Williams. It was premiered in the year 1944 and played the role of the ladder for Williams towards fame and success. The Glass Menagerie contains some strong autobiographical elements, having various characters based on the author, such as his mother and his mentally fragile sister named Laura. While writing The Glass Menagerie, William wrote a short story along with the screenplay which he had written in the name of The Gentleman Caller. You can download The Glass Menagerie PDF at the end.
Review The Glass Menagerie:
The Glass Menagerie was premiered for the first time in 1944 in Chicago. After a lazy start, the play was championed by well-known critics of Chicago Claudia Cassidy and Ashton Stevens, who helped to bring audiences helping the producers to move forward the play to Broadway. In 1945 The Glass Menagerie won the New York Drama Critics Circle Award. It was the first successful play from Williams and he became one of America’s most highly regarded playwrights. The play was loved by the audiences because of its story and themes, later on, the play was adapted by different producers in different countries. The major characters of the play are Mr Wingfield, Jim O’Connor, Laura Wingfield, Tom Wingfield and Amanda Wingfield.
Features The Glass Menagerie pdf:
- The Glass Menagerie is written by Tennessee Williams.
- The play revolves around the story of various characters such as Mr Wingfield, Jim O’Connor, Laura Wingfield, Tom Wingfield and Amanda Wingfield.
- The Glass Menagerie was premiered in the year 1944.
- The play was premiered in Chicago for the first time.
- The play was written in the English language.
- The play comes under the Genre of a Memory play.
- The play was loved by the audiences and won various awards.
Download The Glass Menagerie PDF:
Click the button below to download The Glass Menagerie PDF free and read online.