The Good Earth is one of the best novels by Pearl S. Buck. The novel was published in 193. The Good Earth revolves around family life in a small Chinese village at the time of the early 20th Century. The Good Earth is the first novel in the trilogy with A House Divided published in 1935 and Sons published in 1932. In 1931 and 1932 The Good Earth is one of the best selling novels in the United States. You can download The Good Earth PDF at the end.
The Good Earth Review:
In 1932 The Good Earth won Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and played a crucial role in the winning of Nobel prize for literature for its author in the year 1938. The author grew up as a daughter of missionaries wrote this book while she was living in China and presented her first-hand observations about village life in China. The Good Earth got a place in Life Magazine’s list of 100 best English novels of the year 1924 to 1944. In 1932 the novel was adapted for a stage play by Theatre Guild. The stage version of the novel was more successful than the novel.
Features of The Good Earth pdf:
- The Good Earth was written by well known Chinese American author Pearl S. Buck with Matthew Louie as a cover artist.
- The novel was written in the English language and was published in the United States.
- The novel comes under the genre of Historical Fiction.
- The novel was published by John Day.
- The novel was published on date 2 March 1931.
- The novel consists of a total of 356 pages.
- The Good Earth is followed by Sons published in 1932.
- The novel is the first-hand observation of the author of Chinese village life.
Download The Good Earth PDF:
Click the button below to download The Good Earth PDF free and read online.