The Handmaid’s Tale was published in the year 1985. Handmaid’s Tale is a very useful dystopian novel loved by readers from around the world. The novel is written by a famous Canadian Author named Margaret Atwood. The novel is based on coming to future New England, a totalitarian state by the name of Gilead, like a theonomy which will overthrow the government of the United State. You can download The Handmaid’s Tale PDF at the end.
The Handmaid’s Tale Review:
This novel presents themes of subjugated women living in a patriarchal society and presents different means through which these women attempt and resist in order to attain independence and individually. The name of the novel echoes different parts of Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales, which is basically a connected series of stores like The Parson’s Tale, The Merchant’s Tale and a lot more. The novel consists of two parts, night and other events. The readers can consider the double narrative of the novel, Handmaids Tale and the Offred’s Tale. The night part is about Offred and the other part is about Household, Waiting Room, Shopping etc. In the entire novel, the author jumps between past and present events in order to provide the complete struggle of women for their freedom.
Features of The Handmaid’s Tale pdf:
- The novel is written by the well-known author named Margaret Atwood with Tad Aronowicz, Gail Geltner as a cover artist.
- The novel is published in Canada written in the English language.
- The novel comes under the Genre of Dystopian and Speculative fiction tragedy.
- The Handmaid’s Tale is published by well known Canadian publisher known as McClelland and Stewart.
- The novel is published in the year 1985 in hardcover.
- The novel consists of a total of 311 pages for the readers.
Download The Handmaid’s Tale PDF:
Click the button below to download The Handmaid’s Tale PDF free and read online.