The Stranger is a very useful novel written by famous French writer Albert Camus in the year 1942. The themes and outlook of The Stranger are commonly cited as examples of Camus’s philosophy of the existentialism and absurd, but Camus personally rejected the latter label. The title character of the novel is Meursault, a French Algerian describes as a person having France domicile living in North Africa, a person of Mediterranean, a home du midi yet a person who does not participates in traditional Mediterranean culture. You can download The Stranger PDF at the end.
The Stranger Review:
The story revolves around the French character who attended the funeral of his mother and then killed an Arab person in French Algiers who has a conflict with his friend. By the authorities, Meursault is sentenced to death. The story of The Stranger is divided into two parts the first one is Meursault’s first-person narrative view and the second person describes his life after the murder. The novel has been translated four times into English language and into other different languages. The Stranger is considered to be the classic of the literature of the 20th century.
Features of The Stranger pdf:
- The Stranger is written by Famous French Author Albert Camus.
- The novel is written under the title of LEtranger.
- The novel was written in French language and was published in France.
- The novel comes under the Genre of Philosophical novel.
- The Stranger is set in Algeria.
- The novel was published by Gallimard, in the French language in the year 1942 and by Hamish Hamilton, in the English language in the year 1946.
- The novel consists of a total of 159 pages.
- The novel has been translated into the English language four times and into various other popular languages of the world.
Download The Stranger PDF:
Click the button below to download The Stranger PDF free and read online.