The Tale of Genji is the best work of Japanese literature. The novel was written in the 11th century by Murasaki Shikibu. The main script of the novel was created around the peak of the Heian period, which does not exist now. The novel was written in Orion style. Orion means that various sheets of paper are pasted with each other and folded in one direction then the other. You can download The Tale of Genji PDF at the end.
The Tale of Genji Review:
The novel represents the lifestyle of high courtiers in the Heian period. The novel was written in old archaic language and a poetic style but is very confusing and is unreadable to common Japanese people without any complex study. In the 20th century, Genji was translated into modern Japanese by Akiko Yosano. In 1882 the novel was translated into the English language but it was incomplete and of poor quality. The novel revolves around the story of Hikaru Genji who was the son of the Japanese emperor. Because of some reasons, his father removed him from his line of succession by giving him a surname of Minamoto and he served as an imperial officer.
Features of The Tale of Genji pdf:
- The novel was written by Japanese writer Murasaki Shikibu under the title of Genji Monogatari.
- The Tale of Genji was translated by Dennis Washburn, McCullough, Royall Tyler, Seidensticker, Helen, Waley, Edward G and Suematsu Kencho, Arthur.
- The novel was released in Japan.
- The Tale of Genji was written in Early Middle Japanese language and was translated to modern Japanese language in the 20th
- The novel comes under the Genre of Monogatari.
- The novel was released before 1021.
- The novel revolves around the story of the son of the emperor who was removed from his succession.
Download The Tale of Genji PDF:
Click the button below to download The Tale of Genji PDF free and read online.
Leave a Comment