The Turn of the Screw is a horror novel from 1898 written by famous author Henry James. The Turn of the Screw first appeared in a serial form in Collier’s Weekly magazine in 1898. In the same year, it appeared in The Two Magics, a book published in New York city by Macmillan and in London by Heinemann. The novel is categorized in both ghost story and gothic fiction. The novel revolves around a governess who was taking care of two children in a remote estate, but the grounds were haunted. You can download The Turn of the Screw PDF at the end.
The Turn of the Screw Review:
In the century in which the novel was published the novel became a cornerstone text of academics which subscribed to New Criticism. The novel contains various interpretations commonly mutually exclusive. Most of the experts tried to find found the exact horror in the novel but according to various experts, the novel creates a sense of confusion and suspense among the readers from all around the globe. The Turn of the Screw is adapted by television, stage, film and radio drama. In 1961 it was adapted into a film by the name of The Innocents and in 2020 by the name of The Turning.
Features of The Turn of the Screw pdf:
- The Turn of the Screw is written by well-known author Henry James.
- The Turn of the Screw is written in English language and was published in the United Kingdom for the first time.
- The Turn of the Screw comes under the Genre of ghost story, gothic fiction and horror novel.
- The Turn of the Screw is published by William Heinemann in London and by The Macmillan Company in New York City.
- The novel was published in the year 1898.
Download The Turn of the Screw PDF:
Click the button below to download The Turn of the Screw PDF free and read online.