To the Lighthouse is a very useful novel written by famous author Virginia Woolf in the year 1927. The novel revolves around the story of Ramsay family and their visits to Isle Skye situated in the country Scotland from the time 1910 to 1920. Extending and following the footsteps of modern novelists lime James Joyce and Marcel Proust, the main plot of To the Lighthouse comes second to its philosophical introspection. You can download To the Lighthouse PDF at the end.
To the Lighthouse Review:
Setting an example of the literary technique of various focalization, the novel consists of little dialogue without any action, most of the novel consists of observations and thoughts. The novel represents childhood memories and highlights various adult relationships. Most of the tropes and themes are of loss, subjectivity, the problem of perception and nature of art. Modern Library in the year 1998 awarded no 15 to the novel among the list of 100 best English language novels of 20th Century. Time Magazine in the year 2005 choose the novel among the list of best English language novels written since 1923.
Features of To the Lighthouse pdf:
- The novel was written by famous English author Virginia Woolf with cover artist Vanessa Bell.
- The novel was written in the English language.
- To the Lighthouse was published in the United Kingdom.
- The novel comes under the Genre of Modernism.
- The novel was published by famous Publisher Hogarth Press.
- The novel was published on date May 5th, 1927 in the United Kingdom.
- The novel was preceded by Mrs Dalloway.
- To the Lighthouse was followed by Orlando: A Biography.
- The novel was loved by readers from around the world because of its creative content and amazing themes.
- The novel was nominated for various awards.
Download To the Lighthouse PDF:
Click the button below to download To the Lighthouse PDF free and read online.
Leave a Comment