The wide Sargasso Sea is a very famous novel written by Dominica Born British writer Jean Rhys of the year 1966. The wide Sargasso Sea is written in response to Charlotte Bronte’s novel Jane Eyre published in 1847, describing the background to Mr Rochester’s marriage from Antoinette Cosway’s point of view, a Creole heiress. Antoinette Cosway is Rhys version of Madwoman in the Attic. The story of the novel revolves around the life of Antoinette from her youth time in Jamaica. You can download Wide Sargasso Sea PDF at the end.
Wide Sargasso Sea Review:
In the story, Antoinette is declared mad by her husband and takes her to England. Antoinette is caught in a situation where she neither belongs to England, not to Jamaica. The novel revolves around the power of the relationship between men and women and contains attractive themes such as assimilation, displacement and racism. After her previous work, the author lived in obscurity and she wrote Good Morning, Midnight which was published in 1939. Between these works, she had published various works but the Wide Sargasso Sea is the most important and popular work from Rhys.
Features Wide Sargasso Sea pdf:
- The Wide Sargasso Sea is written by author jean Rhys with Eric Thomas as a cover artist.
- The novel is written in the English language.
- The novel comes under the Genre of Postmodern novel.
- The Wide Sargasso Sea is set in Jamaica, Dominica and Thornfield Hall from the year 1830 to 1840.
- The novel is published by Andre Deutsch in the United Kingdom and by W.W. Norton in the United States.
- The wide Sargasso Sea is published in Oct 1966.
- The wide Sargasso Sea is preceded by Jane Eyre.
- The novel contains themes of assimilation, displacement and racism.
- The novel is loved by the readers from around the world and is nominated for various awards
Download Wide Sargasso Sea PDF:
Click the button below to download Wide Sargasso Sea PDF free and read online.
Leave a Comment