Wintergirls is considered as one of the best fictional novel written by Laurie Halse Anderson. It revolves around a girl Lia Overbrook who was suffered from self-harm and anorexia. Lia fights with her mental illness along with balancing the daily activities of her life. Months after a fall out with Cassie her best friend, the story of her life got a twist when she got news that she had died from bulimia. This makes her life and struggles more difficult. You can download Wintergirls PDF at the end.
The story of the novel is very unusual because Lia starves herself because it’s the only control she has over her personality: anyway, why feed herself hateful things? She cuts her body in order not to cause pain but to let her pain and dirt out. In this case the dirt refers to her life. Wintergirls is selected for various state awards, making it a New York bestseller and ALA best novel for young adults. In the year 2009 Wintergirls got Kirkus Reviews as the Best YA Book. According to Washington Wintergirls novel is “Both Painful to read and riveting”.
Features of Wintergirls pdf:
- Wintergirls is written by well known American author Laurie Halse Anderson.
- The novel was written in the English language and was published in the United States for the first time.
- Wintergirls belongs to the Genre of Fictional novel.
- Wintergirls is published by Viking.
- The novel was published in the year of 2009.
- Wintergirls is available in paperback and hardback form.
- The first edition of the novel consists of a total of 278 pages.
- Wintergirls is nominated for various awards and is loved by the readers because of its amazing themes and creative work.
- The novel is considered as the painful novel was ever written.
Download Wintergirls PDF:
Click the button below to download Wintergirls PDF free and read online.