If Feale Street Could Talk is a very useful novel written by American author James Baldwin. It is the fifth novel from the author and was published in the year 1974. If Beale Street Could Talk is a love story set in Harlem at the times of 1970. The title of the novel is a reference to 1916 W.C. Handy blues song “Beale Street Blues”, and is named after Beale Street in Downtown of Memphis, Tennessee. You can download If Beale Street Could Talk PDF at the end.
Review of If Beale Street Could Talk:
The story of the novel revolves around Fonny and Tish. They both are in love which protects them from their families and outside world but Fonny is falsely accused of rape. Fonny was held by the authorities and introduced to trail. His lover Tish finds out that Fonny is pregnant but she was at her young age. They tried their level best and hired a lawyer to free Fonny before the birth of the child. If Beale Street Could Talk is adapted for film by the same name directed by Barry Jenkins. The film was released on date 14 December 2018.
Features of If Beale Street Could Talk pdf:
- If Beale Street Could Talk is written by American author James Baldwin.
- The novel is written in English language and was published in the United States.
- If Beale Street Could Talk is published by Dial Press.
- The novel was published on date 17 June 1974.
- The novel consists of a total of 197 pages.
- If Beale Street Could Talk contains themes of love and struggle.
- The novel is adapted for film by Barry Jenkins and considered as one of the best films of all time.
- The novel won various awards and is loved by the readers from around the world.
Download If Beale Street Could Talk PDF:
Click the button below to download If Beale Street Could Talk PDF free and read online.